Sunday, 4 December 2016

The grid! (a whole week at UCLAN part 2)

It wasn't really happening on Thursday.  Having got my drilled board I hit a wall...  I messed around with some unsatisfactory (very two-dimensional) sketches in clay:


This has potential - perhaps more of these domes and varying in size (obviously this is just a rough implementation):


Strangely (well not that strangely) I found I liked working on the grid board quite a lot. I'm thinking that, as well as using it for supporting work, I will build things across it on the horizontal plane too and then stand them up. [OCD 〰 😏 ]

I did begin the day, of course, by making my stock shapes.
But I knew I had to abandon their safety and try something completely different (see above). So I cut up the stock pieces and then found some of the narrower bits of waste were actually quite good as 'connectors' (hence inclusion of this image).


No comments:

Post a Comment